Friday, March 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home/ Food Glorious Food



Let the picture looking begin.
Me in front of my apartment. Mine is the furthest right building, seventh floor! :)

Welcome to my humble home.  On the left you will find the bedroom. :) Don't be fooled. The bed may look comfortable but there are about 7-10 holes poking through each mattress from the springs. (Yes, it is two small twins laid side by side.)  How might we avoid being jabbed by said springs during the night?  Simple, layers of folded towels under the sheets. :)  The second two pictures are of our bathroom, inconveniently separated into two rooms.  Random fact- all Russian bathrooms have light switches on the outside of the room-no, not the inside.  If you ask me this is a recipe for disaster.  People walk by, notice the RR is occupied and decide to switch the light off on you.  Think yur pretty funny don'cha? I like how we have to move the faucet over from the sink to the bathtub to take a "shower".  If that's what you would call it.







Hello to Angela's first ever plate of sushi.  Sushi-not too bad actually!  The pink stuff in the middle of the plate.  Retched!!  It's fish flakes. Needless to say I didn't eat that. I liked the mint towel they gave us to wash our hands with. Classy touch.  My new found guilty pleasure- Banana shakes!!! :D  And for the bottom picture.  Look closely, very closely, closer. Okay.  Those orange balls, yup that's caviar. Also, disgusting!

Okay, so, now for some home cookin.  Do you see all of those bags of onions and potatoes?  Yes?  Well, enough to feed my whole family of seven right?  Well, it's all for me.  Sorry, but one person can't eat that much.  But gotta make somethin out of it anyway!  Make sure the food doesn't go bad.  So, I put together some onions (A LOT of onions), some potatoes, and some Massive carrots (pretty sure Bugs Bunny would be happy with those suckers), and boiled it all together with a lack of spices. 







Result- a big pot of bland onions, potatoes, and carrots that I have been eating for the past week for dinner.
But.  Just wait. Oh, how I love spices and leftover stew gravy from lunch at school.  I added that and some other spices to my boring concoction and Walla! A delicious Stew :) Four Tupperwares of it.  I promise I'm sharing with my wonderful roomie Renae! :)  And anyone else who may want some.  Really, you're welcome to have it, there is plenty to go around!  Then, my wonderful roommate Renae... did I already say that she's wonderful?... Yeah?  Oh, okay. Well, anyway :)  My wonderful roommate Renae, made dessert last night. Banana Cream Pudding!!! :D  I was a happy woman.  Happy, happy woman! Thanks Roomie.

Okay, so this is my breakfast every morning.  A glass of orange or apple juice, a yogurt (their yogurt is WAY better than American yogurt, so you should be jealous FYI), a fruit, whether it be a grapefruit, apple, orange, or banana, also a boiled egg, and a roll.  Well balanced meal? I think so!  Anyway, moral of this prolonged food story- Momma, I'm eating just fine out here! Don't worry :)
Okay. Two random pictures. Picture #1 is of me and my cute lady bag of flour that I got hassled into getting for "free" when I didn't even want it.  Long story, funny story, but long.  I might just add that the man who gave it to me at the store spoke some English and understood when I said I was from Utah because he knew the Jazz. Really.   Picture #2 makes me smile.  Look closely starting on the right.  No drinking on the bus, understandable.  No smoking on the bus, also understandable and very much appreciated.  Hahaha and No ice cream on the bus?? lol *tear*. The end. :)

No comments: