Friday, April 13, 2012

Coherent Ramblings

Day 4 of living on my own.
To those of you who don't know-  My amazing roommate, Renae, went home on Tuesday due to health conditions.  Man, I gotta say I miss having her here!  She was such a wonderful friend to have around, such great company in my home away from home.  She was a blessing to me here... still is :).  I learned so much from living with her these last two months, she is such an amazing person.  I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know her and to establish a friendship that will no doubt last for a very long time!  The Lord gives us countless blessings in our lives.  Some of My most cherished are the people he lays in my path to find throughout my journey here on Earth.  I'm happy I can now add another dear friend to that list of cherished blessings.  I love you Renae.  Thanks for everything.
So, I never really thought I would have the opportunity to live on my own... let alone while living in another country.  But, here I be.  Me, my books, and my imagination living alone in a decent little flat on the seventh floor with a considerable amount of quiet!  Except for the sound of my Amazingly loud fridge (Sometimes I wonder if there is some kind of factory inside of this thing!  There must be 'cause it produces a ridiculous amount of noise!)  And, our washer, which when it gets to a specific cycle makes me start shouting "3...2...1... lift off!"  Pretty sure someday I'll come in my kitchen and find that he decided it was finally time to go to the moon.  Seeing as he's still here I think Mr. Washer is a bit nervous).  And, the sound of random waterfalls in our bathroom (Every time someone flushes their toilet on a floor above us you can here the water racing down the exposed black pipe).  And, the sound of all the cars outside splashing through the plethora of lakes out in the roads (No they are not puddles, they are lakes).  Okay, I guess that was a lot of exceptions after I said it was ridiculously quiet here, but all of that is white noise soooo it doesn't count.
I was nervous that living on my own would cause me to be a lazy bum and not get anything done!  You know, no one here to keep tabs on me and make me feel like I should get off my tush and do somethin.  Why contraire! :)  I have been a productive little beast buzzing around my apartment.  Cleaned the Whole place up! It's all sparkly clean now!  And those disgusting carpets, yepp, I sure did break a sweat cleanin those suckers!  I did a bunch of laundry, cleaned sheets-blankets n' all, did some cooking, bunches of reading and journal writing!  Skypeing and lesson planning.  It's been a productive couple of nights!  :)  Now that everything is all spik'n'span and finished the weekend can come and get me!  And, guess what's happenin this weekend here in Rrrrrrussia?! (I hope you rolled that R, 'cause that was the intent ;) ).
Conference Weekend!! :D Yayah!
We had to wait for them to send the DVD's with conference here to our branch translated into Russian, they also sent some English ones.  So, on Saturday we'll be watching the first 2 sessions at my apartment on LDS.org and on Sunday we're watching them at the Senior Missionaries Apartment!  I am SO excited :)  I love General Conference.  Love. Love. Love.
Oh, yeah uno más item on the agenda.  Remember Mr. Homesickness?  Update: Got him nipped in the butt.  Been having a wonderful time using the tactic of gettin real busy and workin harder to win that one fair and square.  Fo example... :)  Yesterday mornin I grabbed my umbrella ella, ella, eh, eh and boots, splashed around a little on my way to the bus stop, waited for a while and hopped on a 90.  Read a chapter of "Enders Shadow" by Orson Scott Card during my 45 minute ride out of the city.  Played myself some good games of Ping Pong against Mr. Andrew and Miss. Kelsey and then we decided to embark on a journey into some beautiful forest/swamp/meadow. :)  By the time that fun little trek was over, the morning rain had drenched us all.  Looked like I had just gotten out of the shower but man was it worth it! 
I'm having fun out here.  I love it  and I'm soakin it all in.
Well, it's time to go, "You have been a fabulous audience! Tell you what, you're the best audience in the whole world. Take care of yourselves! Good night, Alice! Good night, Agrabah! Adios, amigos!"  Name that movie ;)
*Special Thanks to Lacie for the Title of this Post ;)*

No comments: