Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Добро пожаловать в Россию (Welcome to Russia)

Welcome to Russia!! :D

I'm so Happy to be here.  A week and a half of pure adventure started the moment I stepped off the terminal and a cloud of my first Russian Breath exploded around me.  It sure is cold here.  I've now decided you haven't lived life till you have felt your boogers and nose hairs freeze.  Probably one of the coolest/weirdest sensations ever :).

Today will be my fifth day of teaching these cute kids.  Last week was pretty hard; figurin out how to teach them, getting a schedule down and trying to teach kids who only understand half of what you say.  But, I guess that's why I'm here right!  It's amazing how I've already noticed an improvement in some of the kids. :)  It's so rewarding when you see their eyes light up and they understand what you say.  And it's even more rewarding when they say something to you correctly and you know they really understand what they were saying!  I'm loving this.  It definitely has been hard, and I have a feeling it's just gonna keep going that way.  This is going to be one of the most challenging things I've ever done, but its the hard things in life that are most rewarding right! :)

So to those who don't know how I ended up 7624 miles around the world, let me tell you the funny little story!...

Once upon a time, Angela was a new student at Snow College in little old Ephraim, UT.  About two weeks into the whole 'living away from home' experience, I was already beginning to appreciate free food just like any true college student does.  Well, ILP (a.k.a. International Language Programs) came to the school for a little Seminar thing to tell people about the program and offered free Pizza. I was SO there!  Well, I went there, ate the Pizza and listened to their little orientation.  Next thing I knew I was actually getting pretty interested.  I love kids, have been planning on being a High School teacher and I've always wanted to travel.  ILP offered all of that for a pretty affordable price for a 4 1/2 month adventure.  Next, thing I knew I was staying after the orientation and asking more questions, getting a packet full of information, going home looking through it, signing my John Hancock with some info and sending a little white envelope with a Forever Stamp.
After many months of planning, preparing, fundraising, and the help of some blessed people who helped me out! here I am teaching Children English in Voronezh, Russia.  A skill that will be able to help them immensely in life in this ever globalizing world.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me to get here! I will make you proud.  I am loving the experience and loving the Children!
This is a once in a life time opportunity that I am so happy to have been given.

So, here is my blog to keep everyone at home updated with this amazing experience.
This is my Russian Report!

No comments: